The Minnesota Career Information System (MCIS) is an Internet-based system that combines a wealth of career, educational and labor market information into one comprehensive, easy-to-use exploration tool. With MCIS, students and clients can:
- Learn about over 520 occupations
- Develop a personal portfolio and personal learning plan
- Research colleges, universities, and career schools
- Find scholarships and financial aid
- Improve job search skills and create a resume
MCIS offers several subscription fee levels, based on the number of potential users at each site. MCIS is used by schools, colleges, libraries, Workforce Centers, and many community-based organizations. MCIS is updated annually to ensure that the information is current and accurate. An annual MCIS subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to the website
- Free training via hands-on workshops held around the state
- Free technical support
- Listserv membership
Other Career Development Resources
MCIS Jr. is an Internet-based system that supports reading, writing, decision-making, and critical thinking skills while developing self-awareness, career exploration, research, and planning skills. It is written at a fifth-grade level, making it appropriate for special populations as well as students in middle schools or junior highs.
If you have questions about any MCIS product or subscription service, or if you would like to request user training or need technical support, please contact Accounts/Customer Support at 651-582-8321 (metro area) or 1-800-599-6247 (toll-free).